August 13, 2013

Vivacious Vihigaon...

Vihigaon .. A small beautiful village situated close to kasara near the Mumbai nashik national highway 3..
Thanks to vikas' blog on vihigaon I decided to give it a try..

My mode of transport was the blue eyes boy (wagon r) and my wife my partner for the drive..
Google maps as usual helped planning the best route.. The map showed the distance to be just about 120 kms.. So we decided to leave around 8am..
Here is the snapshot of the route we took..




We left nearly on time for a change.. Though we missed our target by just about 15 odd minutes..
We drove through some traffic at thane and then towards kalyan.. Dodging potholes in the city and outskirts..

We were very close to mulund when I  suddenly clasped my hands on my forehead and shouted "oh shit".. My wife got shock of her life.. She screamed what happened.. I told her I forgot the tripod at home.. I did not want to turn back so we decided to move ahead without the tripod..


Once on the NH3 the traffic reduced considerably.. Since there was intermittent rain I decided not to drive fast.. Was doing comfortable speeds of about 80-90kmph.. This is where I took a small break, first one of the journey..







The next break we took was just after the diversion at the start of kasara ghat.. Just has we entered the ghat it started pouring really heavy.. This was the scene.. Being at the right place at the right time helps :)






Another stop for some more photos... its soo lush green everywhere that I would not have reached the spot had i kept stopping for photos :)







The route goes towards mokhada which is another way one can reach vihigaon.. The roads are not at all in good condition and this was much expected.. But the best part was the roads of vihigaon..I was really surprised to see very well laid roads in this small little sleepy village..
We reached there by 10.30, I think.. Park the car about 500 metres from the spot and walk for about 10 minutes to reach the waterfall..


As we started walking we were able to hear the sound of the waterfall.. We were also able to hear few guys enjoying.. I was just hoping there would not be a lot of rush..
We walked through a beautiful landscape. Had to cross a small farm land and there we were.. Looking at us were 5 guys, one of them in his undies having fun in the water.. 







We ignored them and started searching for a spot which could take us down to the base.. But there was none..
Had my lumix as well as the Nikon with the 18-55 and the nd8 filter.. This was the first time I would be trying to click waterfalls for that silky look..
















I was also able to do some macro photography, thanks to the abundance of greenery ...









We decided to go further and check on the if we could find any other spots. Remembered reading about the some old bridge over Vaitarna.. We kept driving for about may be 15-20 minutes, dodging the potholes and crossing the streams on the road..


There is another spot on the main road from which I was able to get a better view of the falls..









Finally we reached the old bridge.. 



We left from Vihigaon around 2.. I took the same route as we came. So had to climb the Kasara ghat and take a U-turn at the top of the ghat..
The final stop we took was in the ghat for an awesome view of another fall..





Toll paid to in the journey -
Mulund toll - rs.30+30..
Thane-kalyan toll - rs.44 (return)..
Nashik highway - Rs.95+95..

Total toll paid - Rs.294..

1 comment:

Other rides

Blog Widget by LinkWithin