June 21, 2012

the 1650km road trip... Day 3 : Around Tarkarli and to Goa..



Today we decided to visting the remaining destinations around Tarkarli before we started for Goa, which is about 150kms..


But given the rough seas, no one wants to enter and take the risk.. so all the activities are stopped from 1st June till the monsoon retreats.. 
So no snorkeling or scuba and not even the Sindhudurg darshan trip for us.. 
We had to be content with just the glimpse of the magnificence from a distance..




















Next destination of the day was another serene beach of Maharashtra , the Chivala beach..
Though it was blazing hot, but we still spent some time in the hut before we started for the next destination..

























The weather can change within seconds in the monsoon season and we witnessed that as we started from Chivala to visit Rock garden...
For Rock garden, one has to come back to Malvan town and take help of locals to reach..

First reaction after looking at the Rock Garden, arre ye to bandstand hai :)
But nevertheless it was worth a visit..


















We started from Rock garden for Goa.. We did not have a clear directions of how to reach Goa but we had the aid of Google maps.. but still its better to keep asking the locals for directions..
We decided to take the route from Malvan to Kudal to Sawantwadi to Goa..
The drive through the internal roads is always so serene.. with lush greenery surrounding us, it was a pleasure to travel..
We kept driving as the maps suggested..

















We reached Goa at around 3pm, checked into our room and decided to leave for some sightseeing..
We decided to do Miramar and Dona Paula as they are the closest to Panjim..

Clouds were gathering at Miramar..















We did not visit Dona Paula that evening as the rains went crazy..

















While coming back I wanted to have a photo of the Miramar beach in torrential rains, so I stopped my car near the beach behind cars already parked.. I had no clue what was to happen next..
As I park my car and ask my wife to click a photo, I take a look into the rear view mirror..  and I see something yellow moving on the left side and I go "ohhhh"... and before I can do anything.. "THUD"..
I look behind in agony to find a reversing zen estillo.. that bugger did not look back while reversing..

I park my car and try to get out.. but to no vain.. I unlock the seatbelt, pull out the umbrella and before i get down the a$$ vanishes in the traffic.. I try to put the foot down and chase him, but cant see him anywhere..
only my wife hears all the expetives...
and thats the end of a very good day...


1 comment:

Other rides

Blog Widget by LinkWithin